SX21

Topic

We were both amazed

PC

Male, 54 year old.

Medical issue: Bladder cancer, removed bladder and replaced with a neo-bladder (made from my small intestine), prostate removal as well.

Outcome after surgery: Prolonged use of catheter damaged penile function, erections and caused Peyronies Disease.

Major recommendation: Do not use catheter for any prolonged period of time. A plaque buildup formed in my penis that warped it and caused a 60 degree downward bend preventing intercourse.

SDSM: I was referred to Dr. Goldstein by my surgeon, stating that there are many clinics out there but Dr. Goldstein is the best. Given my circumstance I chose to go with the best, not gamble with such a major health problem as this. He administered one dose of interferon into the most troublesome part of my penis, the severe angle part and then showed me how to use aggressive bending and pulling to help the injection work to break up the plaque. Upon my next visit with Dr. Goldstein 6 weeks later we were both amazed. The curvature was virtually gone! A second issue was now noticeable. Circulation to the head of my penis was weak. As such, it remained soft, flexible, unlike a normal erection. I am not sure what the fix or outcome of this part of my post op will be but intercourse is at least now possible as is. It would be ideal if the head could also get hard. I am confident a cock ring would do the trick, forcing blood to go and stay in that area. As for sensation in other ways, since my bladder is an intestine, a working intestinal bladder it continues to produce mucous and sometimes agitates the sphincter muscle making it so that I want to go to the bathroom perhaps before I normally would. Also, I’ve notice eating yogurt which enhances enzyme development in the intestine produces more mucous, irritation. Drinking liquids after 8:00 causes me to wet my shorts when asleep so not having liquids after 8pm eliminates this issue for me. I am totally fine during the day with no leakage.

0 Comments

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.