SX21

Topic

Sexual health problems after childbirth

Lillie

After the birth of my first child, I lost all interest in sex and my ability to attain an arousal response. I searched for over 27 years going to doctor after doctor looking for a resolution. I was told to “go away for the weekend” and to see a therapist. However, I knew it was something that occurred as a result of childbirth. Over the years, I managed by using various lubricants however, when I reached menopause I started having serious pain with intercourse and eventually every day. I finally found a sexual medicine physician in 2002. I had multiple problems including hormone issues and eventually had surgery. I continue to see the physician and realize that I will need to be on hormones for the rest of my life. It has been an emotional as well as physical challenge. Fortunately, I have a very patient husband but I also can see how sexual health problems can destroy a relationship. I am 64 now and continue to deal with challenges as a result of being post menopausal. The message is clear. Be resolute in your search for answers and persistent and diligent with your treatment. I wish I could tell you that there are easy solutions and maybe there are for some people. Perhaps in the future there will be more research and medications that will provide easier and immediate solutions so that women do not have to wait 27 years to regain their sexual health.

0 Comments

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.