SX21

Topic

Recently Diagnosed.

CWamp09

I was just recently diagnosed with Vulvar Vestibulitis. I was fortunate that it only took one doctor to misdiagnose me before I got an accurate diagnosis.

I have had pain for the past year and three months- ever since I got married. Both myself and my husband were virgins when we got married- so I thought the pain was normal. But after so long I realized that there was no way this is normal. After having so much pain with sex, I remembered first using tampons and the excrutiating pain I felt the first couple of times. I can wear them now- but I think that it is a possibility I have had VV for quite awhile. But I am happy to finally figure out what is going on and just want to get it fixed- and have a second honeymoon :)

The doctor I am seeing now prescribed clobestal (sp?) and lidocaine. The clobestal did not help at all, and even seemed to make it worse. Another doctor was recommended to me who is about an hour away. Supposedly he is more knowledgeable about VV then the doctor I am currently seeing and he also does the vestibulectomy. That appointment is on 1/10 so I am anxiously awaiting it! After most of my research- I really feel that the surgery will probably be what has to be done for me.

I am open to all suggestions, comments and questions. I have read through many of your blogs and they have been a source of knowledge and encouragement to me. I also have a blog at http://vulvarvestibulitis.wordpress.com/

0 Comments

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.