SX21

Topic

My penile implant story

Hawaii24

I am happy to say that after 10 years of struggling to find a cure to my ED, I finally found it and now, once again have the same sexual abilities I did 10 years ago. I could honestly spend an entire day explaining to you what I went through in much detail, but I will try and keep it short.

To begin, you must know the cause of my ED. It started when I was a teenager as a result of a devastating motor vehicle accident which almost took my life. Thereafter, I spent over 2 months in the hospital with over 25 broken bones and a countless number of life threatening injuries. As a result, I was the victim of many permanent side effects that I will live with for the rest of my life; however, little did I know that one of which was curable despite what a number of urologists told me.

Prior to my accident, I was able to get a full erection, and had a normal and healthy sex life. However, after I was released from the hospital and as some time passed by, I began to notice that I wasn’t able to get a full erection; I was only able to get a semi erection.

I first sought help from my primary physician who referred me to a local urologist, whom would be the first I would visit. After various tests and examinations, I was told by that urologist that I had permanent ED. He then referred me to a second urologist with more experience in his field. Again, after various tests and examinations, I was told that that urologist that I had permanent ED. Once again, I was referred to a third urologist in Boston, MA who I was told was the best in the field. That urologist was Dr. Goldstein. As of this point, roughly 3 years had passed since my car accident.

At my first visit, I again underwent various test and examinations, after which Dr. Goldstein concluded that a broken pelvic bone most likely caused my ED. He further concluded that I had a punctured valve and it was causing the blood to leak out of my penis, the possible cure of which would be a penile implant. A second possible cause to my ED was a blockage that would have been most likely due to a blood clot in the pelvic region, the possible cure of which would be a bypass. The second possible cause was that which so desperately hoped was the cause because no implant would be required and I would be able to get a natural erection as I was able to do prior to my car accident. To confirm that actual cause of my ED, Dr. Goldstein wanted to do further testing to confirm that there was in fact a leakage; this was to be self performed at home.

During my second visit, Dr. Goldstein performed another test consisted of injecting a dye into my penis which would further confirm whether or not there was a leak. After reviewing the tests results, Dr. Goldstein concluded that there was actually a blockage, and not a leak. He explained that it was very difficult to determine this was in fact the cause of my ED on the first visit because there was so much damage to my pelvic area as a result of the many bones that were broken in my pelvic region. The next step was to consider the bypass surgery.

During my third visit, Dr. Goldstein performed a bypass surgery. As of this point, roughly 5 years had passed since my car accident.

It was thereafter the bypass surgery that I began to realize my battle with ED was not over as I was having the same problems as before; I could only get a semi erection. As more time continued to pass by and I continued to suffer from ED, I once again turned to Dr. Goldstein and learned he had moved his practice to San Diego. After I contacted him – not to my surprise that he would remember me – I made the trip to California. At this point, roughly 7 years had passed since my car accident.

My first visit to San Diego consisted of another set of various tests and procedures. After reviewing the test results, Dr. Goldstein now determined that I had a leakage, not a blockage. I was told once again that the reason for the previous misdiagnosis was because all the broken bones I suffered in the pelvic region, which made it almost impossible to make an affirmative determination as to the exact cause of my ED. I should note that the bypass surgery was in fact successful because an ultrasound showed perfect blood flow. For assurance that there was a leak, I undertook another procedure in the hospital which confirmed that blood was leaking. After some discussion as to my options, I was certain that I would go ahead with the penile implant.

My second visit to San Diego was for the penile implant surgery. As certain that I was to go forward with this surgery, I naturally had many worries and concerns. To be absolutely positive I would be mentally prepared for the surgery, Dr. Goldstein referred me to his past patients whom I was able to talk to about their experience, all of which were very helpful and eased all my worries and concerns. As of that point, roughly 8 ½ years had passed since my car accident.

To this date, 10 years has passed since my accident, 8 ½ years of which I suffered from ED. It has been roughly 1 ½ years since I had the penile implant surgery and I am so very thankful to say that I can get a full erection and I have a perfectly nature and satisfying sex life – just as it was 10 years ago. Although my ability to get a full erection is assisted by the use of implant, I am 100% and more satisfied in my decision to have the penile implant surgery – as well as the bypass surgery which ultimately lead me to an actual cure.

Anyone who is going through this most difficult problem, remember that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is the best feeling in the world went you get there. The help is out there and anyone would be foolish not to seek out help. Finally, if you find out that there’s a cure available . . . do it! Don’t let any concern or fear you may have prevent you from doing so because they will all go away in the end and your life will be forever changed.

Note that anyone who has any specific questions regarding either the bypass surgery or the penile implant surgery (i.e. healing process, side effects, etc.), please feel free to send me a message and I will do my best to answer them.

1 Comment

Winnie

Hawaii, Im in a similar situation as were you. Mine was a boating accident with a pelvic break 2 1/2 years ago. I have tried the injections which are momentum killers as well as the vacuum devices.

Question: I live in Cincinnati. Would your recommend the MD G perform the die and various other test to determine if there is a leak or valve issues. I cant get any degree of an erection. The doctors here in Cincinnati have injections and next step the implant.

Just wondering if a trip to San Diego would be worth it.

Dave

anilosamo

(Awaiting moderation)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.