SX21

Topic

Low testosterone and hypothyroidism

willtosolve

I’m a 34 year old heterosexual male, ht 5’10” and wt 184 lbs. i’m a non smoker and a social drinker and not on any meds other than daily centrum multivitamin. never used propecia. i’ve had chronic low energy levels since i was a teenager but never knew the actual reason behind it. attributed it to my personality.

I never had issues with erections till i was 27 though the desire to have frequent sex wasn’t there due to low energy levels. even though there were no significant lifestyle changes or events (including riding bikes or any accidents), i started noticing weaker erections all of a sudden and after few failed attempts to have sex, lost the confidence completely to have a successful intercourse.
I approached Dr.Goldstein in October last year and here are the lab results he requisitioned –

Date – October 5th, 2011
FSH – 2.2
LH – 5.4
PSA – 0.6
Estradiol – 22
Prolactin – 5.4
TSH – 5.5
Testosterone – 254
Free Testosterone – 5.2
SHBG – 19

I met Dr. Goldstein at SDSM in 1st week of November in 2011. He is a physician par excellence and he walked me through the different causes that result in ED. He put me on Clomid 25mg once monday and thursday and Levoxyl 25mg once daily. Took another blood test after a month on these meds in Dec last year and here are the results –

Date – December 22nd, 2011
FSH – 2.9
LH – 6.4
PSA – 0.5
Prolactin – 2.5
TSH – 2.7
Estradiol – 16
Testosterone – 298
Free Testosterone – 7.5
SHBG – 20

Dr.Goldstein put me on 50 mg clomid now (once every monday and thursday) and i am continuing my levoxyl 20 mg once daily. I’m looking forward to putting an end to my low energy state of being and restoring vitality and potence that we all men deserve. This forum is fantastic to learn from each other’s experiences and form a support group. If anyone out there has had similar experiences, please post your stories. Would be very helpful.

Good luck to you all!

1 Comment

Junior

I’m on 25mg clomiphene right now. I had great reaction first time i took it. was solid for like 2 days straight/libido was back/erections were frequent. then it began to reduce. lost it the 3rd day. and its been weaker and weaker each time I take it 25 mwf. Have you upped the dose from 50mg or find it to be successful?

Thanks,

Will

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.