SX21

Topic

Lost interest in sex

2DAUGHTERS

At 35, I got engaged and around that time, I lost interest in having sex. I knew I loved my fiancé and our sex life was great for the one year we knew each other before the proposal, so, I went to my gynecologist. She sent me to my general practitioner. GP said she would think about it, but I didn’t hear back from her. Growing more worried, I talked to my mom about it. She confided in me that the same thing had happened to her and that she had finally found the right doctor that had the answers. This is how I came to know Dr.Goldstein.

We had conversations on the phone, email dialog, and blood work tests. I went to the offices in San Diego where he spent about three hours going over my case and explaining in detail about the anatomy and physiology of my condition and what medications would help.

I now used Testim. It’s a gel with testosterone and applied it to the backs of my calves everyday. It took a little while for it to work, (about four months) but when it kicked in, I felt great! It helped A LOT. The only side affect I had was acne on my back, but I found a product to take care of that.

That was about five years ago and because I’ve had two daughters, I stopped taking medications because of pregnancy and breastfeeding. I’ve started again and was happy to learn of newer medicines to help. I had a very easy procedure done in the office where a pellet of testosterone about the size of a grain of rice was planted under the skin (subcutaneous). My doctor explained that this would work faster (days instead of months) and last longer (about 4-6 months). This is just starting to work and I’m really looking forward to feeling like myself again.

0 Comments

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.