SX21

Topic

Intravaginal DHEA – my hero

Happyagain

I am a 61 year-old Catholic woman from Orange County, who went to a public seminar on women’s sexual dysfunction at Alvarado Hospital that was advertised in the San Diego Union Tribune newspaper (my girlfriend sent this to me and we went together). I was also referred by my local OC Ob Gyn. As a teen, I would masturbate in a tub to orgasm and was made to feel guilty about this. During my first marriage. I was only able to have orgasm through masturbation and my ex-husband also made me feel guilty of this. After the divorce, I ended up in a 13 year relationship with a very romantic man and we had all kinds of fun incorporating vibrators into our sex act. Finally was able to have orgasm during intercourse. AMAZING.

Sadly I was started on an anti-depressant medication for a situational problem and this stopped me from having orgasm again. When I went off the anti-depressants and then on wellbutrin, I luckily and happily started having orgasms – but only with masturbation.

OK – so now I am in a new relationship. It is now difficult to have orgasm even during masturbation. I am determined though and work very hard and sweat alot during the attempted effort to have an orgasm. To achieve orgasm I end up squeezing the pelvic msucles. I absolutely cannot do this while on top. I have no problem with interest and i do arouse but the problem with orgasm is very frustrating. My blood tests showed low estradiol, low progesterone and low testosterone. Based on the symptoms and the blood test problems, I was started on a daily systemic biologically identical testosterone gel to the back of my calf. I also started using a daily systemic biologically identical estradiol replacement – this time a new gel to my forearms. I also took a biologically identical progesterone treatment with on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I also used a local estradiol treatment to my vulva (labia minora), vestibule and vagina.

Here is my update now after 6 months. So off I went for a fantastic 3 week trip to Europe over the summer with the man I love…fantastic in every way! like a honeymoon! I am able to have orgasm again – during intercourse.

Here is my problem – I had developed a vaginal itch we thought was a sensitivity to one of the preservatives in the local estradiol. So I tried other topical forms but the itching persisted. I thought it might be a yeast infection due to using the estradiol compounds internally and I was treated with diflucan x3days.

Then I went on DHEA 5 mg vaginal suppositories, stopped external estradiol that week—-success! So far the DHEA has been great keeping my vaginal walls moist and strong. I am getting my hormone levels drawn Tuesday. Topical gels of estrogen and testosterone are perfect for me.

0 Comments

michas

(Awaiting moderation)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.