SX21

Topic

I was a victim of priapism several years ago

Bcnos

I was a victim of priapism several years ago as result of taking a prescription medication that had such a potential side affect. Priapism is a persistent, usually painful, erection that lasts for more than four hours and occurs without sexual stimulation. The condition develops when blood in the penis becomes trapped and unable to drain. If the condition is not treated immediately, it can lead to scarring and permanent erectile dysfunction.

Television commercials advertising sexual performance drugs were not yet as prevalent today back several years ago at the time of my injury. These ads warn that one should seek immediate medical attention for an erection lasting more than 4 hours. I endured the condition for a day because I was not aware what was happening in that area of my body. I finally contacted my doctor and was advised to seek emergency medical attention. The condition was eventually alleviated but it had left me with erectile dysfunctional. Needless to say I was crushed by the news of being ED. As anyone would, I was in despair for several weeks until I was treated by a fantastic urologist who outlined treatment options including the insertion of penile implant. This urologist shed some light in the dark tunnel that I walking though. A penile implant was my best option to regain again a sexually active life. The surgically inserted implant took place about 6 months after my injury. I checked in to the hospital early in the morning, was prepped, and operated on and in my room before 1130 am. I was discharged the next day. I experience some discomfort in the abdomen area for a few weeks but was then soon back to work.

The implant allows me to lead a normal sexually active life. It does take some getting used at first but the “mechanics” of the implant are learned quickly and can be operated just the same. Sensation during intercourse is maintained as well as a natural ejaculation.

For those considering a penile implant, for whatever reason that they are diagnosed as being ED, I highly recommend it.

1 Comment

Brickman

Glad to know that it has worked for you. Did you lose any penile length? Can you go covert with it? Who is your Doctor?

Eleazar De Hoyos

(Awaiting moderation)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.