SX21

Topic

I still feel that I have many “hot” years left

paininbutt

I am a 46 yo woman from Southern California. I have had a very tough last 4 or 5 years. In these past years I have had a relationship go under, spent many many thousands on many different doctor visits and also lost my business. All because of this because of pelvic pain, bladder pain, vaginal pain. Literally a “pain in my butt.” I went to many gynecologists, even more urologists,and internists. Everyone had a different diagnosis, from yeast infections, to interstitial cystitis, to bladder infections, to low grade bladder infections, to needing my urethra dilated, to hormones, to maybe it’s in your head. Yeah like I am making up this pain?? I have been prodded, poked, tube into my bladder, tests upon tests, mess upon mess!!! I met Dr.G. Sept.8th 2009. He too did tests, but something could be different here. It felt more different than anywhere else I had been. This was really my last hope. He got me started on testosterone gel, he said I had hormone-mediated provoked vestibulodynia with low testosterone. He recommended local estrogen as either local estrace cream, or local emu/estradiol oil to my vaginal opening and labia (these apparently were resorbing and disappearing). Dr. G also recommended I use testosterone. I started with the systemic gel to the back of my calves but eventually Dr. G. recommended I get a testosterone pellet implant in the outside area of my buttocks region. This way I did not have to use the local testosterone gel all the time since I was forgetting to apply this from time to time.

I did all this and felt much better. The pain was dramatically better. My blood tests have gotten better almost pretty normal. Recently, I felt this burning at my urethra. Back to the urologist…UGH!!! Then I attempted sex one night. Well it hurt so badly for days after. Just dry and so painful. Even though I was much better than when I first started it was clear that as long as I did not have sex it was manageable. This was however so unacceptable to me. I still feel that I have many “hot” years left. I wrote to Dr.G and he said he thought he had the perfect solution. He recommended DHEA suppositories and said that they would keep my vagina lubricated. I would try anything if Dr. G. said I would feel better. I have only used them for 5 days and I already see a result. I am hoping that it keeps getting better. I have not had sex since using them but I am able to see that I want to try. Before I really did not even want to try. Also changed my diet to no sugar and no processed foods. This is to clear up any yeast I may have had.

I will keep you all posted about my progress

2 Comments

paininbutt

Hi all out there – I said I would keep you up-to-date. Last night I got together with my former boyfriend because I told him I wanted to test myself out in bed. We are still pretty close and know each others bodies very well. I used olive oil as a lubricant. I am using the daily intravaginal DHEA and I had noticed feeling better in the last few days. I actually had great sex – for me. Kind of like before all of the vaginal madness over the last 4 or 5 years. I was trying to be careful as well because I didn’t want to hurt after. But it felt really good. I mentioned that I changed my diet because I kept getting yeast infections that would not go away even with medicine. No sugar or processed foods for over 1 month. I HAD GREAT SEX!!!!! and for me this is a major hurdle. I will keep you posted.

paininbutt

Update: I have continued on my quest for sexual health religiously. I don’t miss doses of testosterone, emu-estrogen oil and Dhea suppositories. I have had sexual relations more than I have had in the last 3 years. When I do have sex I feel fine the next day instead of the pain I used to have for a week after. Libido….still not really great but I can achieve orgasm when I try. RIGHT NOW…. I feel good. Just hoping It stays like this or better.

mochagenj75

(Awaiting moderation)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.