SX21

Topic

Hourglass deformity and downward curvature makes intercourse difficult

letswaitandsee

In 2002 I felt a small hard pointy bump under the skin on the right side of the shaft of my penis. At the end of a doctor appointment I asked my doctor about this condition. He looked at my penis where I felt the bump with a magnifying glass with a light and said that’s nothing you probably have those on other parts of your body. I was relieved at first but I did not have bumps under my skin anywhere else. So months later I expressed concern again about this bump on my penis which seemed to be getting worse and reminded him of his previous comment, apparently he thought I was talking about a freckle on the skin of my penis. He then told me it was Peyronie’s disease and taking vitamin E would help. Time passed until a subsequent visit when again I expresses that this condition was worsening. He referred me to a Urologist who’s treatment consisted of lets wait and see and then do nothing. After him I saw two more urologists who also offered no help. The last doctor was a colleague of Dr. Goldstein and he had heard of the Interferon treatments. He contacted Dr. Goldstein who sent him some literature that had Dr. Goldstein’s phone number on it. I called the number and to my astonishment Dr. Goldstein called me back and we discussed my Peyronie’s disease. It is now 2009 seven years has passed since I felt that bump now there are two lines of plaque on either side of the shaft that cause a hourglass deformity at the base and a downward curvature that make intercourse somewhat difficult. Dr. Goldstein administered a series of Interferon injections into my penis over the next several months I believe there were fourteen in total. During this time I vacuum stretched my penis daily. I found that vacuum stretching for one hour gave impressive results. The hour glass deformity was not present after one hour of stretching. Skin stretches. It takes patience to pump the vacuum device for an hour but I think it is well worth it. The interferon did soften the plaque and reduced the downward bend and length was restored as well. I could still feel the lines of plaque but they were smaller and softer. It is now 2010 and I can feel a new line of plaque on the top of the shaft of my penis much less that the plaque on the sides and I return to Dr. Goldstein and he administers three consecutive days of large doses of interferon injected into my penis. I feel it was successful the plaque is softer and the bend is improved, I feel addressing the new plaque early was highly beneficial. Dr. Goldstein introduced me to “molding” basically this means you apply pressure with your fingers against the plaque bending the penis one way then the other. Because my plaque is on the left and right I bend to the left and right. Makes sense to me to bend and stretch the plaque I think doing so gives your body a better chance of healing. I tolerate the Interferon well, I have felt flu like symptoms a few times but it only lasted for a couple of hours. When I first met with Dr. Goldstein he did a blood panel of my hormones and as a result I now take a tablet of DHEA daily. My libido is as good if not better that it ever has been and sex is very good for me and my partner. Dr. Goldstein is a saint he offered me help where no help existed before. I believe that if I had seen Dr. Goldstein when the symptoms of Peyronie’s first appeared in 2002 the progression of plaque forming would have been significantly reduced if not completely eliminated. Even though treatment was started very late the Interferon injections made a significant improvement. There is hope of a even better drug in the future for the treatment of Peyronie’s disease, Xiaflex made by Auxilium it is now being studied in test groups. I had hoped that I might be included in the test group but unfortunately only upward bending penises are to be included in the tests, my penis bends downward. It should be available in two years for Dr. Goldstein to treat his patients. So Interferon works and Xiaflex very likely will work even better. It is somewhat hard to believe that Sexual Medicine is not a mainstream idea and as a consequence many women and men suffer with no help offered from their health care professionals. I wish I could tell all these women and men about Dr. Goldstein.

0 Comments

Legacy1253

(Awaiting moderation)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.