SX21

Topic

Hormonal sexual issues due to menopause

taphoofer

My issue came to the fore at age 75. I had been widowed for several years when I met a gentleman who had sexual skills beyond my imagination. Because of his amazing ability to arouse me, I learned that my ability to reach orgasm was either delayed or nonexistent. I was both puzzled and anxious.

Searching for an answer became my primary focus. Through a television interview, I learned that Dr. Irwin Goldstein had recently moved his practice to San Diego (near my home). My first phone interview was encouraging as he was confident he could help me. After a series of blood tests, we met face to face. Dr. Goldstein explained that my hormones were all outside the range for normal sexual behavior (although within the range indicated “for my age”) which I took to mean that old ladies aren’t supposed to enjoy sex.

After several months of hormone replacement therapy (with bioidentical hormones) I began to feel something happening in my body. I felt younger, more vibrant, happier, and prettier. I began caring more about my physical fitness, my attractiveness, and strangely, my family. For other reasons, Mr. Wonderful Sex was not suitable for me and although we have remained telephone friends, we are not intimate. However, I felt so good, that when I looked in the mirror, I didn’t see the vibrant woman I felt myself to be, so I had a face lift to make my physical image match my self image.

I am now 79 years old, yet look and feel much younger. My sex life is limited at the moment to self-satisfaction, and even that is better than I would expect. I am happy, in tune with my body, and I look forward to every day with anticipation and joy.

My daughters, both menopausal have seen the difference in me; one has already begun her hormone replacement therapy and the other is about to begin. I feel for generations to come, this family of women will stay vibrant and young, both sexually and personally.

To summarize, even while sex with a suitable partner is unavailable, I am delighted with my hormone replacement therapy. I think it not only contributes to my happiness, but will also extend my life in some way.

2 Comments

Metzy

That’s awesome, I hope I am still having sex when I’m your age!!!!! What type of hormones are you taking?

taphoofer

Metzy, you just made my day. It is warming to believe that my story might inspire someone to follow my lead and enjoy life to the end.

My hormone replacements include estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, and thyroxin. Now that these hormones are in balance, my life is wonderful. Don’t hesitate to explore this line of thinking for yourself. Good luck!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.